Liquor Commission

Liquor Commission & Licensing

Businesses in unincorporated areas of Randolph County can obtain a liquor license by filing an application with the Randolph County Board. Businesses seeking a liquor license for use inside a municipality should contact the local city or village clerk.

Regulation of liquor licensing is dictated by the Illinois Liquor Control Act and the Randolph County Liquor Code. Temporary event licenses are also permitted.

Randolph County Liquor License applications can be obtained from the Randolph County Clerk’s office or they may be downloaded here. Proof of insurance, copies of Articles of Incorporation, LLC or Limited Liability Partnership (if applicable), and the appropriate fee must accompany each completed application.

Liquor License Application

Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET Certification)

Effective July 1, 2017, the State of Illinois Public Act 098-0939 mandates all Randolph County managers, servers of alcohol, as well as anyone responsible for checking identification, to complete a Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Certification.

The BASSET Program encourages sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages to serve responsibly and stay within the law. Proof of BASSET Certification from Illinois Liquor Control and Commission approved vendors will be required for all establishments’ liquor license applications and liquor license renewals.

BASSET Certification is in addition to, and separate from, Food Handler and Food Service Sanitation Manager Certifications. BASSET Certification is required for all staff who card, sell, and serve alcohol for consumption on premise.

Upcoming classes or to find answers to your questions about Illinois Liquor Laws.


Accessibility Tools